Saturday, February 4, 2012

Disney World Travel


The best piece of advice I can give anyone who's going to Disney World is to read and plan. When my husband and I were going to Disney World for our first time (for our Honeymoon), a co-worker of mine told me to buy a Birnbaum's book and plan, plan, plan. He told me he took his family to Disney World and although they had a wonderful time, they wasted a lot of time trying to decide what they wanted to do each day because there is so much to choose from. So I took my co-worker's advice and bought a Birnbaum's book from AAA travel who was also making all the necessary arrangements for our trip. My husband and I had a great time going through the book each evening. He had a green highlighter, I had pink and we each highlighted things we had to do and see. My husband and I went on our Disney World Honeymoon armed with a plan and I'm happy to say that of all the things we highlighted in our book, there were only five things we didn't have time for. Three out of those five we missed our first time around, we got to experience this past year (2011) when we went to Disney World our second time with our then 8 year old son. When we decided to go back to Disney World (for our 10th wedding anniversary) we thought it would be great to plan the trip over our son's Easter break from school, and that way we could celebrate his birthday and our anniversary because Easter just happened to fall between those two special dates. I was very excited to spend Easter at Disney but a little nervous when I found out that Easter is one of the high season's for Disney. I knew having a plan was the answer and plan I did. I bought another Birnbaum's book for 2011 and a Birnbaum's Kids book so my son could be a part of the planning. I also found several great tips on Disney web sites and information about new and upcoming attractions at Disney's blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/). Now that you have materials to understand the layout of the parks and what attractions are there you are ready to map out a plan.
Above photo - entrance to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment